Continuing on last year’s success, the EMB is organizing its annual education day for its members. It will give emerging managers advice on various subjects: administration, compliance and operations. This year, we will focus on:
- 8 :00-8 :30 a.m. : Breakfast & Introduction
- 8:30 a.m.: Gatekeepers: how to navigate through the hurdles to get onto the platforms of Canadian brokers/banks.
moderator: François Dufour, M.Sc., MBA, Vice-President, Business Development, LionGuard Capital Management Inc.
Terry Dimock, MBA, CFA, Portfolio Manager, BNI
Jean, Caleb, CFA, Investment Analyst, Desjardins Gestion de Patrimoine
- 9:45 a.m.: Insurance: how to get navigate the hurdles to get onto the platforms of Canadian insurance companies in order to have you fund as an investable product on a universal life policy.
Joseph Mekhael, CFA, Financial Planner, Property Insurance Broker, Mekhael Assurances et Services Financiers
- 10:45 :Compliance: Compliance update including our new policy on politically exposed persons
Julie Paillé, Avocate, Gervais & Associés
- 11:15: FINTRAC: How to go through a FINTRAC review
Philippe Couture, CRG Avocats et Alpha CCO
Date: December 5th
At: 8:00 a.m.
Where: Dentons, 1 Place Ville-Marie, Montreal